Pegasus Smart - Ultrasound BMD
Gold Healthcare now launches the state-of-the-art French ultrasound BMD unit - Pegasus Smart. With our 10 plus years of experience in Bone Mineral Densitometery, we have identified the Pegasus as the most robust, versatile and accurate ultrasound BMD machine in the market.
- Compliant with the following quality standards: CE - ISO - KFDA - SHONIN - CCC
- High quality device, engineered and produced in France
- Radiation free, can be used for children and pregnant women too
- Quantitative Ultrasound (QUS) device which measures bone properties at the calcaneus (bone of the heel, also called 'os calcis')
- Though its main application is the detection and follow-up of osteoporosis, it can also be used to assess bone status in pregnant women and children
- Portable, 10 Kgs, supplied with a backpack for easy transportation even on motorbikes
- Quick - time taken for 1 test is only 15 seconds
- Patient examination results - BUA (Broadband Ultrasound Attenuation), SOS (Speed of Sound), T-Score, Z-Score, width of the calcaneus (based on ultrasound echo measurement)
- Included in the box: Pegasus Smart, bottle of gel, thermal paper rolls (2), phantom (for QA), Pegasus software, power cable, USB cable
Dual modes of operation
No external device required. Basic parameters like age, ethnicity, sex can be entered and results are displayed on LCD screen and can also be printed with embedded thermal printer. Results are stored and can be later transferred to a computer.
A report like the one show here is printed out by the embedded thermal printer and it has all the parameters like BUA, T-Score, Z-Score, SOS, Width and Status (Osteoporosis, Osteopenia, Normal).
The device is connected to an external computer or laptop via USB. This allows all the functions you can perform in the Standalone mode and in addition, also lets you manage a patient database, save results stored in Standalone mode to the computer, print a full page colour report using an external printer. The device can fully be operated via the computer and there's no need to enter data on the actual machine in this mode. A full page report can be printed using your printer connected to your computer like the one shown here.